Health & Safety Measures
Updated: April 26, 2021
While we are excited to make music together in person again, we take the health and safety of our community very seriously. Our initial roll out of in-person classes will be very small. Most indoor classes will take place on the first floor of our newest building at 4545 N. Lincoln Ave. Additionally, some classes will take place in Szold Hall, our 2100 sq. ft multi-purpose performance space and classroom, as well as under our outdoor classroom tent, located in our parking lot just south of our East building.
We will mitigate infection risk by:
- "Together, In Tune" - As a social commitment to the well being of the School and its community, all students, teachers, staff, and faculty will work together to strike a healthy chord by:
- Staying home when sick
- Obey physical distancing rules and other protocols at all times
- Wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times (except children under 2 years of age)
- Report exposure you have had to a person who is COVID-19 positive to email@example.com
- Follow Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) directives following close contact to COVID-19 active cases
- Adhering to local safety guidelines
- Complete the self-health check before coming to the School
- Leave the school if experiencing any symptoms of illness during class
- Quarantine when necessary
- Layering safety measures
- Mask wearing at all times (except children under 2 years of age)
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet
- Class size limited and consistent (no drop-ins)
- For Wiggleworms, space is limited to one caregiver per registered child for indoor classes, two caregivers for tent classes.
- For Kids Dance classes, one caregiver per registered child may accompany the child to indoor classes, two caregivers for outdoor classes. Caregivers must wait in the designated waiting area for the duration of the class.
- Frequent hand washing
- Limited Campus Access -- our buildings will only be open for currently registered students, faculty, and staff. Students will be allowed access to their designated classroom immediately before and immediately after their scheduled classes. No practice rooms or other room reservations are available. Three customers are typically allowed in the Music Store.
- No food or drink is allowed. Dance students may bring a water bottle from home and may only remove masks to drink at designated times.
- Restrooms will be available immediately before, during, and immediately after scheduled classes.
- All students will need to complete a self-health screening prior to arrival.
- Intensified Facility Sanitation
- Increased Ventilation (all buildings have been tested and have been adjusted to exceed CDC guidelines for ventilation)