Health & Safety Measures
Updated: June 14, 2021
While we are excited to make music together in person again, we take the health and safety of our community very seriously. Limited classes are available at both Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park campuses and we will continue to phase in more in-person offerings in our summer and fall sessions, as well as our outdoor classroom tent, located in our parking lot just south of the East building in Lincoln Square.
As of June 11, the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago have moved to Phase 5. However, there are still some limitations and the school will continue to stay on the cautious side of things based on medical guidance from consultants and trusted members of our community.
The ongoing safety of our students, staff and faculty remains our highest priority. We will continue to provide updates on our COVID alert page, which contains the most up-to-date information.
We will mitigate infection risk by:
- "Together, In Tune" - As a social commitment to the well being of the School and its community, all students, teachers, staff, and faculty will work together to strike a healthy chord by:
- Staying home when sick
- Obey physical distancing rules and other protocols at all times
- Report exposure you have had to a person who is COVID-19 positive to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) directives following close contact to COVID-19 active cases
- Adhering to local safety guidelines
- Complete the self-health check before coming to the School
- Leave the school if experiencing any symptoms of illness during class
- Quarantine when necessary
- Layering safety measures
- Mask wearing at all times (except children under 2 years of age and adult group classes in our outdoor tent)
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet
- Class size limited and consistent (no drop-ins)
- For Wiggleworms, space is limited to two caregivers per registered child
- For Kids Dance classes, two caregivers per registered child may accompany the child class. Caregivers must wait in the designated waiting area for the duration of the class
- Frequent hand washing
- Limited Campus Access -- our buildings will only be open for currently registered students, faculty, and staff. Students will be allowed access to their designated classroom immediately before and immediately after their scheduled classes. No practice rooms or other room reservations are available.
- The Old Town School Music Store is open to the public but has a capacity limit of 6 customers at a time and encourages keeping shopping times to 20 minutes or less. Rentals are available, but inventory is limited. Online ordering and curbside pickup will continue to be available.
- No food or drink is allowed. Dance students may bring a water bottle from home and may only remove masks to drink at designated times.
- Restrooms will be available immediately before, during, and immediately after scheduled classes.
- All students will need to complete a self-health screening prior to arrival.
- Intensified Facility Sanitation
- Increased Ventilation – All buildings in our Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park campuses have been tested and have been adjusted to exceed CDC guidelines for ventilation