Part-time: June 17 - August 2, 2019
The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks two camp counselors for Summer Camp 2019 at our 4544 N. Lincoln Avenue location. Counselors will attend three days of training and will then be responsible for guiding their campers through the 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM camp day, Monday through Friday, for six weeks. This requires managing their group at all times, participating in music/dance/theater/visual art classes, and leading outdoor activities.
- Applicants for the counselor position must have at least 2 years experience working with children ages 7-11. (For example, in a camp setting, in a school, as a caregiver/babysitter/au pair, in children’s theater, etc.)
- Applicants must have completed at least two years of an undergraduate arts or education program.
- A background in the arts is critical, and the ideal candidate will work well within a team, and individually. The ideal candidate will be able to take direction from their camp leader, but must also be comfortable leading their group in non-classroom activities.
- They must: be enthusiastic, be energetic, have excellent communication skills, and be creative problem solvers.
- The ideal candidate will be extremely comfortable supervising, teaching, and managing children.
- Organization, leadership, and a dedication to one’s work community are all essential.
If interested and qualified, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due Date: March 1, 2019
Please also note: the review of summer camp resumes and applications will begin in early March of 2019. Please do not expect a reply before that time. Please, no phone calls.