The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks a Finance Director to lead the fiscal functions of the organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position is responsible for accounting, budget, cash management, investments, bank reconciliation, investments, audits, financial statements and capital projects.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises and reviews all accounting functions.
- Supervision and development of accounting staff.
- Establishes and maintains accounting policies and procedures, cash controls.
- Performs treasury functions, including cash forecasting, and cash, investment and capital structure management.
- Creates and delivers financial presentations to Senior Staff, Finance & Audit Committee, Full Board of Directors, and CEO.
- Maintains, analyzes, continuously enhances, and reports on a statement of key financial ratios, metrics, and percentages that provide management with insight into important business activities and changes.
- Works with the CEO, and Senior Team to oversee development of the annual operating budget and 3-year forecast.
- Prepares accounts for annual audit and 990 tax return.
- Check sign and review AP expense booking. Monitors annual independent contractor tax filings.
- Serves as backup for Accounts Payable process and payroll processing. Maintains payroll labor codes and salary distribution hierarchy.
- Collaborates with fundraising and program staff on grant budgeting and financial reporting.
- Supervises bookkeeping for Square Roots Festival.
- At least seven years financial leadership experience, preferably in a nonprofit arts organization.
- A forward-thinking individual with past success managing projects and improving processes.
- High ethical standards and sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Must have expertise in Blackbaud Financial Edge, ADP, and Filemaker Pro or similar financial, payroll, and database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting, Masters degree (MA or MBA) preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training; CPA desirable.
If interested and qualified, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.