Your musical journey starts here. Learn chords, simple strums, and tuning in a fun, relaxed group setting. You’ll be introduced to the basic elements of rhythm and harmony that will have you making music in no time! Guitar 1 is for the absolute beginner.
Students leave Guitar 1 with the following:
If you play a little or used to play years ago, challenge yourself and enroll in Guitar 1 Repertoire
- Basic open position chords: A, D, E, G, C, Am, Em, A7, B7, D7, E7, G7
- A sense of playing single notes and a few licks
- Essential boom-chicka strums in 4/4 and 3/4 time
- I-IV-V tunes in A, D, G, and E
- A solid sense on how to read a “lead sheet”
- The desire to keep playing
Old Town School Songbook and rental instruments are available from the Old Town School Music Store. The Songbook is used extensively in this class and will be used in subsequent Core Guitar classes.